I Forge Iron

New anvil, having a hard time with make.

Thanks, Jimmyiorn. It has defiantly been used for tool making. Other than the character marks, the anvil is in great shape. It has super rebound, nearly 100%. I had to give up a couple nice anvils for it but I had three of similar weight.

Welcome aboard Muzzy, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many of the Iforge gang live within visiting distance.

That is a beautiful lady of an anvil whoever made her. While it's nice to know a little of the history of old tools it doesn't effect their utility. Use her in good health and please post pics of what you make.

How's this for a first project, forged staples to fix her to the stand?

Frosty The Lucky.

1 hour ago, Muzzy said:

Frosty, I like the straps that came with it. I will be running a strap around the base to prevent additional cracking. 

Straps are a good way to fix the anvil to the stand or you wouldn't see them used so commonly. I just suggested staples as a project, not a preference.

Were I talking preference my anvils are on steel tripod stands and are in place by gravity, the tong and hammer racks wedge in but lightly. 

You need to go with what you like to work on, anything else is silly.

Frosty The Lucky.