I Forge Iron

Man Cave LampTable

CTBlades

With Xmas closing in I've had to really burn the midnight oil to get some projects done. I just finished up this last minute rush order "Man Cave Lamp table" for a customer as a gift to her business partner for his lakeside cabin in New Hampshire. I made it from reclaimed 1/2" rebar welded up to a 1/2" square rod base frame with forged tabs for mounting the top. The top itself is a 2-1/2 thick "live edge" winter cut slab of red maple which happened to come from New Hampshire that has air dried for two years. I created a scroll inlay with the guys credo on it then did an epoxy pour glass coat finish.  It stands 32" tail. Only issue is my bride wants one now lol.

Yep more functional art Frosty!

IMG_4165.JPG

IMG_4166.JPG

You are quite welcome Mr blades. I find the live edge slab and black iron combination to be particularly appealing, and your piece rings like a bell to my ears.

I must currently live vicariously through the fine craftsmen who grace these pages, until I get the smithy remodeled.  Currently, a sub-seasonal creek runs through it. But I just had a large portion of the big mullberry taken down, and I hope to slab some of that.

I see a lot of great stuff on this forum, and I am far more impressed than my comment count would indicate.

I really like that, what did you use for the feet at the end of the rebar legs? I made some trunk stands out of rebar and sliced up some 1" machinery pins for the feet. That was before I had a forge, I wonder how well it would work to upset the rebar to make feet?