I Forge Iron

Hammer ID Help

marcusb

Was hoping someone on here could ID a hammer I have. I found it in a junk store for almost nothing, fit a handle to it and it has become my go to hammer. I find it ideal for everything I do. Looks like an elongated ball peen to be honest. Head has gentle taper all the way to the head, peen is wide and almost flat.IMG_2837.JPG

I have several with the elongated head on the flat face side---and yes one came with the original tag:  Hammer, Boilermaker's 1 ea, also it was stamped with the broad arrow and dated to WW2.  (Funny to run into a wooden crate of them at a a construction supply store in Central Ohio.  Used to buy a couple every year and sell them on at Quad-State.)

This is a photo of some of my Grandfathers boilermakers hammers and his traveler  

image.jpeg

This is a hammer I picked up last weekend. Could it also be a boilermakers hammer?  It weighs 2.25 pounds. The head is 3/4" longer than other ball pein hammers I have  p

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Hawk