I Forge Iron

How tall a chimney for outdoor forge

There is so much info here that I get by searching that I haven't asked about much.  I read the posts on hoods and chimneys and absorbed some of it.

I'm trying to use my portable coal forge 24" X 36" with 10" X 14" firepot and Western Chief hand blower.  I get a lot of smoke and fumes that I need to dance around the forge to miss.  I'll put a hood on to try to improve the situation but how high a chimney is practical for this setup.  I can get any diameter pipe to use from 6" to 12".  I can weld supports from the table to the base of the chimney etc.  Probably could make it detachable also.

Rustyfinn

These are some Pics I took at a Blacksmith event at a RR Museum in Palmer Mass. 5-6 yrs ago that will give you an idea of what others there were using.   Everyone seemed to have their own idea and design and they worked for them.  Not sure if this is what you were asking or not. The last picture doesn't show the large opening that was in the front to work in.

05 02_1402.JPG

05 02_1457.JPG

05 02_1384.JPG

05 02_1459.JPG