I Forge Iron

One more for the pile

C-1ToolSteel

Hey comrades, saw this at an antique store the other day, and immediately recognized it as a Champion. For 18 bucks, I couldn't pass it up. It's a two pounder, and from the side it looks like a normal cross pein. There's something interesting about it though. It has a corrugated pein. I was lucky enough to find this old add calling it an electric sharpening hammer. I get the calk sharpening part, but not so sure about "electric". Just wanted to see if anybody els has one, and hear your input. 

C-1

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

"Electric" got added to ads for just about everything back in the day. It was new and exciting, and the ad men thought it would help sell stuff.

And it did, until fads changed, and "electric" lost favor. Nowadays, we have to make due with "gluten-free".

It is very important to have such labeling, the people who self diagnose a problem and determine the effective treatment to go with it are generally not from the end of the gene pool able to determine the contents of products via deduction or without explicit labeling.........  ;)

We gotta love the marketers.

I saw a large "gluten free" label on a box of oat of breakfast cereal. It brings up thoughts of the manufacturer feverishly sucking the dreaded gluten out of the grain. Nahhh! Oats do NOT make gluten, never did. They are gluten free.

Also, the cholesterol free labels on plant products. Only animals synthesize cholesterol.

By the way, 60% of the cholesterol in our bodies we made ourselves. Cholesterol is the source for all the steroid hormones our body makes.

The horse is the only exception, I know of, that does not use cholesterol for that purpose.

Don't take my word for it, ask Charles.

Regards to all,

Gluten free   SLAG.

I saw a bottle of water the other day that said it was gluten free. I couldn't help but laugh. At the same time I wonder what water bottles in California look like. (No offense to any cali people here is intended in my next comment, it's not your fault the 'leaders' are the way they are.) I've wondered if the water bottles say more than just gluten free, do they also say 'fat free' or 'sugar free' or something else? Does a bottle of water contain chemicals know the the state to cause cancer or birth defects? I know even the 'clean' water around here has traces of nasty chemicals so i could only imagine that it's the same elsewhere.