I Forge Iron

Sad news ''DSW '' passes

BD1

Just saw this news posted on the WELDINGWEB , so sad . I was finally gonna meet up with him next Sunday. A member posted this ''I just got off the phone with forum member DSW's Aunt who informed me that Douglas passed away from a heart attack on Tuesday, September 6.http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?638751-Sad-news-concerning-forum-member-DSW

Mod edit

Douglas S. Wilbur passed away suddenly on Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2016. He was 49.

Born in Hawaii, Douglas was a long time resident of Bucks County. A graduate of Philadelphia College of Textiles and Science with a degree in Architecture, he worked in the building trades for many years before starting his own contracting business.

Doug loved outdoor activities like hunting, fishing, scuba diving and archery and had an avid interest in the art of blacksmithing.

He is survived by his parents, Charles and Klara Wilbur; his sisters, Heidi and Melinda; and will be deeply missed also by his Aunt Saile, his Uncle Scott and many other family members and friends.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that any memorial gifts be sent to the Bucks County 4H Club.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I have been away for some time and I had not seen that DSW was called Home to work in the Master's shop. I am sure he will be put right to work because very kind of gate will need tending to from time to time. I had enjoyed reading what he shared and he made the world a better place. 

Every time a master craftsman is called Home I think of my own Father who returned Home in 2009. He always did his best to answer the call according to the teachings of Jesus Christ. The Elders of IFI always remind me of the best parts of my Father and both Grandfathers. 

My thoughts and heart go to his people. 

V/R 

Ernest Seemann