I Forge Iron

Good day

matto

Wow, look at those wrenches in the bottom right! I really like those! We don't have many of them around here :(

Great score!

By the way, what is the name of this type of wrenches? I'm not sure I know the proper word in Hungarian either...

Bests

Gergely

I believe those are "monkey wrenches sometimes called "coach" wrenches. Pipe wrenches look similar but are "Stilsons" the hook jaw moves so it tightens on the pipe when you pull, go the other way and they release.

Monkey wrenches are early adjustable wrenches intended to work on nuts or bolts so the jaws stay parallel or mostly so. Monkey wrenches are very popular for making adjustable twisting wrenches from. Always good to grab them at sales for reasonable.

Those look perfect. just another layer on my yard sale envy. <pout pout>

Frosty The Lucky.

On 2016. 08. 22. at 9:30 AM, Frosty said:

I believe those are "monkey wrenches sometimes called "coach" wrenches. Pipe wrenches look similar but are "Stilsons" the hook jaw moves so it tightens on the pipe when you pull, go the other way and they release.

Thank you, Frosty!

Quite the haul.  The monkey wrenches alone were a score for $30, especially the five "perfect" wood handled ones.  You'll be pleased using the box-end wrenches.  Are they all VLCHEK and/or Martin?   

Did you crop the vise intentionally or just being a tease?