I Forge Iron

I'm just curios what everyone pays for forging fuel.

Tell me where you are, what fuel you use, and how much it costs.

Oh and don't forget to add in your local Gasoline/Diesel prices.

I live in Point Barrow, Alaska

I don't currently have a forge but I'm working on a 55 forge that will burn free pallets.

Our gasoline runs at $6.50/ gallon and diesel is $7.00/ gallon

well, im in bryan texas and i bought some L-brand coke for about 650 a ton? and 16 dollars a bag. i had it delivere d just down the road so probably only about $5 dollars in gas.

Littleblacksmith    

7 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

I think that was US$5 spent on gas not  price of gas...

That's what I meant, Thanks for clarifying.

Littleblacksmith

I don't know why the pic is sideways when I upload it, but below is a pic of the local fuel prices posted at our one and only gas station.

image.thumb.jpeg.5fcf671f59ca244472773ff

We get all of our fuel once a year on a barge so the prices are set in August and do not change until the next barge arrives the following year. We are actually down $0.50 per gallon for gas and diesel from last year. 

We're spending $2.48/gl at the local 3 Bears, $2.53/gl. in Wasilla. I can't think of what diesel is going for even though I look at it every time I pass. Propane was $2.80/gl. the one place that had it posted on a sign.

Coal? I could dig it myself if I knew which seam or have it shipped in from the lower 48. And that's why I burn propane.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28 May 2016 at 7:26 PM, Blakksmyth said:

Over here in South Australia we use forge coke @ $30($A) for 25 kg bag or $450 a ton

Unleaded 91 RON is $4.63($A) per US Gallon and Diesel $4.30($A) per US Gallon

How long does the 25kg last for mate as it a few hours drive to tamworth