I Forge Iron

Candle snuffer

you should do something with the other end. something other than just where it was cut. other than that its pretty good for your second project.

Littleblacksmith

Greetings New Axe,

Snuffers are fun to make and can be quite challenging . Practice Practice Practice . The skills you develope will lead to other projects.  Keep up the great work..

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim

image.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 2016. 05. 28. at 3:02 PM, Jim Coke said:

Greetings New Axe,

Snuffers are fun to make and can be quite challenging . Practice Practice Practice . The skills you develope will lead to other projects.  Keep up the great work..

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim

Wow, Jim, that is one beautiful piece of work! Very inspiring! Thanks for showing it.

Gergely

• 1 month later...

wow, I like that a lot! has a nice cowboys and Indians theme to it!

Littleblacksmith

On 8/19/2016 at 6:28 AM, littleblacksmith said:

wow, I like that a lot! has a nice cowboys and Indians theme to it!

Littleblacksmith

Thank you. 

Here are my candle holders and snuffer

20160211_221720_001.jpg

One of the subtle aspects of a snuffer is that it should work without touching the candle.  The flame runs out of O2 and goes out which is why you try not to leave any gaps for air to escape in the top piece.  Hence the often bell shaped piece to "snuff" it.  Making a clean spiral and then forge brazing the edges would be an ornamental way to accomplish it with your design.  (I get to meditate on a good example of a snuffer every service I attend at church.)