I Forge Iron

Hi from New Zealand

Vullgaren

Hi guys I'm from New Zealand and im just starting out in the craft. I've been learning alot over the past year and now I've decided to reach out and try find someone from NZ and to try get a idea of how alive blacksmithing is here. if you're from NZ feel free to let me know what part your from! I'm from Palmerston North myself!

Welcome aboard glad to have you Mate. If you put your general location in the header you're a lot  more likely to find out how many of the Iforge gang live within visiting distance. Saying so in one post isn't going to stick in anybody's mind after we open a different one. It works much better to have it under your name every time you post.

Frosty The Lucky.

Hi Vullgaren,

I'm a relative newbie too. Spent the last 6 months of last year hard at it till I had to move for work - I'm in Ruakaka now, moving to my own house in Maungakaramea up near Whangarei in a few months (all things being equal!)
Will finally own my own place, and with no nearby neighbours and a large garage workshop I'll be back up and running.

On 03/04/2016 at 3:03 PM, Frozenthunderbolt said:

Hi Vullgaren,

I'm a relative newbie too. Spent the last 6 months of last year hard at it till I had to move for work - I'm in Ruakaka now, moving to my own house in Maungakaramea up near Whangarei in a few months (all things being equal!)
Will finally own my own place, and with no nearby neighbours and a large garage workshop I'll be back up and running.

That's awesome, it's a really nice place up there! It's quite funny si far the other blacksmiths I've come across have been at the opposite ends if nz, there's no one near the middle haha 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

On 3/28/2016 at 0:09 AM, Vullgaren said:

Hi guys I'm from New Zealand and im just starting out in the craft. I've been learning alot over the past year and now I've decided to reach out and try find someone from NZ and to try get a idea of how alive blacksmithing is here. if you're from NZ feel free to let me know what part your from! I'm from Palmerston North myself!

Hey mate, Im just starting out. Have a gas forge anvil etc. Based in Silverdale, Auckland. You?