I Forge Iron

Winter Forging

Well we finally have some snow here in NJ! Not too much, only about a 1/4". I have been wanting to forge with snow for the longest time. Most guys hate forging in the cold, but I love it! I wear short sleeves and get nice and toasty from the forge. It also makes you work harder to make more body heat!

Opposite problem here. I knocked off early yesterday because the heat was getting at me and did not forge at all today. Still, not as hot as the poor folk in western NSW and Northern Vic. TV weather girl said Renmark was the hottest place on the planet a few days ago. 46 degrees C or so.

23 hours ago, rthibeau said:

try it with over 12 inches of snow and 30 mph winds...........................just sayin'

That reminds me of what slope workers meant when they replied to a, "how is it outside?" question with, "50-50". That's a -50f at 50mph. day. There were worse believe me. No forging, none at all.

Frosty The Lucky.

jhcc, write down all them ideas with sketches.........yeah, we know, you still have a memory, but don't trust it..........no need to ask me how I know.

Thomas...all them pretty nice roads heading south and west are fine for them wanting to use them.  Unfortunately, they lead away from the Beautiful Northern Climes.

1 hour ago, Forging Carver said:

Now it is official too cold and snowy to forge. It is supposed to snow again this weekend. It looks like I am going to be done forging until spring. Time to stock up on some tools :) 

Aw come on, just throw on another layer and work some thicker stock and you'll be fine B)

On 1/19/2016 at 6:01 PM, ausfire said:

They say if you can sit on the anvil at the end of your forging session, you haven't worked hard enough.

What if you can't sit on it before you begin? :o

What if you sit on it and get unstuck? :blink:

Frosty The Lucky.

On 1/19/2016 at 2:09 PM, ThomasPowers said:

Frosty, that's a classic example of the Stockholm syndrome.

:rolleyes: