I Forge Iron

• 2 weeks later...

You might try cutting a wedge out of a piece of wood so that it fits over your tool. Then you could drive the cutter into the stump with just about any hammer you have handy and the driver would probably last a good long while too, so long as you oriented the wedge to rest across the grain. That way it wouldn't act as a splitter.

On 1/10/2016 at 7:59 PM, Klorinth said:

Alex,

Thank you for the great idea. Being a beginner I don't have an anvil with a hardy hole. I have been trying to figure out in my head how I could have something that would work in a similar way. This would do it.

I had the same problem. My solution was to take a drill and drilled a hole in a stump. Then i set a section of square steel pipe into it. It has worked allright so far.

3 hours ago, MrDarkNebulah said:

I had the same problem. My solution was to take a drill and drilled a hole in a stump. Then i set a section of square steel pipe into it. It has worked allright so far.

Another good suggestion. That would be easy enough to do.

Thank you.

• 7 months later...

There are a number of easy methods to attach a hardie hole to a rr track (anvil) section. You can buy a hardie hole ( yes, buy a hole) or use a section of square tubing.  Weld either onto the end of your section of track.

Or place a hole in the track but I imagine that would involve heating it and drifting it.

On 2016-08-21 at 2:42 AM, SReynolds said:

You can buy a hardie hole ( yes, buy a hole)

That is the way to make cannons. You take a hole and pour iron around it. However, first you take a donut and eat the bread so you get a hole.:rolleyes:

14 hours ago, gote said:

That is the way to make cannons. You take a hole and pour iron around it. However, first you take a donut and eat the bread so you get a hole.:rolleyes:

Oh you Swedes and your jokes! In America you buy donut holes, everybody knows that.

Frosty The Lucky.