Show Me Your Candle Holders

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2016. 05. 22. at 11:56 PM, Michael Cochran said:

I was trying to replicate one I found online but don't have the tooling so I changed it a little. It's not great, in fact it's only my second attempt so I still need plenty of practice.

I like it, Michael. I have a similar one on my mind only with small differencies. I have no idea when it can be born though.

I made this one as a wedding gift for our friends. Forge welded WI from old wagon parts. 

57665aa8acff2_201508gyertyatartojoksz.th

That's a neat piece, Gergely. You have given me an idea for all those bars of wrought iron from the old beds. The texture is nice. I'm not too confident with the forge welding -  I'll give it a shot, but I may well resort to the Mig. Thanks for the pic.

3 hours ago, Gergely said:

I like it, Michael. I have a similar one on my mind only with small differencies. I have no idea when it can be born though.

Thanks, I'm planning on making another attempt in the next few weeks. I have to get a few other things done first that might make it a little easier on me first.

8 hours ago, ausfire said:

That's a neat piece, Gergely. You have given me an idea for all those bars of wrought iron from the old beds. The texture is nice. I'm not too confident with the forge welding -  I'll give it a shot, but I may well resort to the Mig. Thanks for the pic.

Thank you, Aus! Well, if it gives any conform to you, this was about my fourth forge welding attempt (and 5th and 6th too :) ) this stuff that I get from old wagons sticks like honey. I did some ugly jobs, but it never failed the weld. Can't say the same about modern mild, as opposite to the old soft mild, which also welds pretty well (for me, not so much experience).

So, happy hammering!

Gergely

• 2 months later...