I Forge Iron

Basics video series

The audio is not real good and you should provide actual dimensions.  I understand that on something like this an experienced smith can just judge things but a beginner needs to know how long a piece of stock they need, how much goes into the eye and how much goes into the rake.  

Looks good. Thanks for sharing. With me being new I agree with the stock deminsions, measurements etc being brought out. I would also try to throw in some terminoligy that one would have picked up by reading how-to material; full face hammer, what angle to the bick to prevent cork screwing, the horn helps drawing because...

Looking forward to seeing more.

Scott

I think the "bad audio" is acualy the sound of the gas forge. It isn't bad.

a few process isues but the biggest improvement would be to explane each process as in " now we adjust the eye so it dosn' look cockeyed" 

Otherwise, as a non begainer it was great, love your tinny little workspace and getting to see the man behind the keyboard was great 

• 1 month later...

That's the idea Francis. I was getting frustrated with the number of beginners on here particularly that are struggling to find ideas for their first projects. It's not aimed at intermediate level smiths or the pro's obviously. 

The next video will be covering a few more techniques. 

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 20 January 2016 at 10:33 PM, MrDarkNebulah said:

These have been really helpful. Great Job with the Videos. I made a fire rake using your video and it was a big help. 

IMG_0948.JPG

I'm so sorry it has taken so long to see this reply. MrDarknebula I am very happy to see you've made your own. That really is great! You've made my day. :) I hope it's serving you well. 

Things have been ridiculously busy for me recently but I'm hoping to make a new video some time in the next few days. Once things settle down again I can get back to the basics series. 

All the best 

Andy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...