I Forge Iron

I did it! My first time forge welding.

I did my very first forge weld today all by myself!  NickOHH talked me through the technicalities but yay me!  I'm super happy about it because today was my first time forging again in 5 months. I made a heart stand thingamajig (honestly, I'm not sure what it is exactly but it is something!)image.thumb.jpeg.d98aa2b56cc029f9386f93eimage.thumb.jpeg.bf6b2e9dea297d8119ebd1aimage.thumb.jpeg.966d51fcc022e13b999caf5image.thumb.jpeg.ccef7363151d570d85735aaSorry all the pictures are sideways, my phone wants everyone to work out their neck muscles. :)

Thank you everyone. :D  I really do love forging, I just wish I had more time for it!  Sorry I didn't make a knife yet but I wanted to work on a new skill and I figured out a few tricks of my own along the way making that heart.  I should post the picture of the heart Nick attempted yesterday but I won't throw him under THAT bus. Haha. I think a potted plant or a bowl would fit in the circle at the bottom nicely, I will have to test that theory after I clean up the scale and make it look all sorts of nice(r).