I Forge Iron

What make of anvil is this?

I have an anvil kicking around and thought I should find out more about it. There are some stamping on the side and it weighs 64 ibs +-. I live up in Canada in Saskatchewan. We had a local foundry John East foundry but don't know much about it. I will post the pics I have. Thanks in advance.

IMG_0214.JPG

IMG_0215.JPG

IMG_0216.JPG

CWT weight system:  given 3 *sets* of digits: Leftmost x 112, middle x 28 and rightmost residual pounds

so 0 2 11 is 0 + 56 + 11 =  67 pounds   (it's based on the stone weight of 14 pounds)

pretty much only seen on old anvils made in England and middle number can only be 0-3 as it's "quarter hundredweights" with a hundredweight being 112 pounds. and rightmost can only be 0-27

Edited by ThomasPowers

CWT "pretty much only seen on old anvils made in England"

Only a couple of brands date stamped their anvil---William Foster for example, most it's a guess on style, construction, makers time in business; etc.

Age doesn't mean much for anvils I often use anvils made about 200 years apart; they both work.

As Matto said., Location, Location, Location.....In my area, they are selling rusted beaten to scrap anvils for huge money just to sit in someone's yard as decoration.  Apparently if you slap the term "Vintage' on something now, it raises the price by a decimal point even if its useless for any practical purpose.  There was a guy in pa that was selling Peter Wrights in good Condition for $4/lb.