I Forge Iron

New house number

My brother requested a new house number for his place.  Can't remember what he had before, but I think it was nailed to the burnt off gate post.  Old spring tooth harrow tine a few horse shoes and misc. bit of 3/8" sq and 5/16 round.  Fairly happy with how it turned out.  the M needed a little rounding  in the middle and maybe pointier tops.  The shape and flow of the 2 and 5 are touch off, but it will have to do.  I was starting to mess them up more trying to get  them right than just leaving them alone so it was time to stop.  should be easy to mount with using the mounting hole in the tine.

DSC02407.JPG

Looks good. Glad you made the decision it was Good ENOUGH before  messing up beyond recovery trying to get it perfect. Lots of projects have been FUBARed by trying to get them just right or perfect. Been there have the scrap pile to prove it.

Frosty The Lucky.

Looks great! Where would we be without horse shoes! I've found them to be the most useful (and user-friendly) scrap available!

The 2 and the 5 look fine to me. We are often over critical of our own work