I Forge Iron

Why didn't I think of that

Greetings all,

Its been a while .  Time for another " WHY DID'NT I THINK OF THAT..

A simple piece of 1 inch Chanel with welded ends to use as a guide for scribing 1/2 or 5/8 stock for your pineapple twist..  Works great .. You can also add one to your treadle hammer table which is even faster. It also is useful for round stock texture..  Have fun.

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Vaughn,

Can't seem to flip the picture the right way on my cell.. Oh well just turn yours up side down.. You'll get the idea.. Or if you touch the picture it turns over. 

Jim

Edited by Jim Coke

Vaughn,

Can't seem to flip the picture the right way on my cell.. Oh well just turn yours up side down.. You'll get the idea.. Or if you touch the picture it turns over. 

Jim

When you find that you just can't seem to get your photos right, just take(use) a tablet! :D Btw. Jim I thought you had a fly press?

Greetings Ian,

Yep I do have a fly press and as you would guess that's what I use.  I post ideas for students and others who can't afford the luxury .. Did you notice that the pineapple twist expands and is open at the end with a small forge weld formed at the end.. Quite a challenge .  Have fun across the pond. 

Jim

I got tired of the chasing flipped pictures on my phone and tablet(both android), so I got an app called "screen rotation control" that locks my screen in whatever position I tell it, and all I have to do to turn it off is pull out the drop down menu and tell it to buzz off.  It works really well on this site :P