• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's embarrassing! 

You should be ashamed... for making a 6'2" , 250# man say "AAaaww"

It looks great. Love the whole thing, but the putter (?) ears caught me first. I love looking at your work and trying to figure out as many of the components used its construction as I can. Of course that is AFTER just looking at for a little while and a few times... just going "Man, that guy's got skills!"

Edited by LastRonin
ok, upon yet another look, I realize the ears are wedges, not putters.

Thanks for another glimpse into the mind of Scrapartoz's world. I love the way the head turns, it'd be fun to have a radio control. I believe you have indeed captured the intellectual depth of sheep.

I know of what I type, we have another four lambs mowing the ex-pasture getting used to being weened. I'm  getting a rep for taming them down into critters that LIKE people. Uh huh, some magic, feed them, pet them talk softly and nice. It's a big secret SHHHHHHH!

Frosty The Lucky.

Edited by Glenn

Scrapar, I'm in awe of how your mind works.  Great looking piece, again.     I'm currently gathering a bag of parts I have labeled "Body parts" - hope no one wanders into my shop and sees that!   But it's for an as yet fully conceived first attempt at a sculpture of some kind, inspired by you.  'Course, the difference will be that mine will suck, but hey, it's all part of learning. 

Spanky: If your first scrap art project is going to suck make an algae eater! They're SUPPOSED to suck and you can tell folk just how long and hard you worked to achieve that level of suckyness. 

Come on Darlin, how long have I been talking about why Black Smithing And Bull Shooting have the same abbreviation? B)

Frosty The Lucky.

Last Ronin. the price I am getting is $450 . I have no idea about freight as I have not shipped out of Australia.

Frosty we have bottle fed  orphan lambs on my farm an expensive indulgence but good for the grandkids

Spanky  Keep collecting you will eventually have all you need for your own masterpiece

Stan I know it looks like a chain block but its actually 3 links of a chain , some strap sandwhiched between 2 x 2.5 LB weight lifting barbell weights.

cheers all

Thank you Last Ronin and Little Milligan. Frosty That was the whole idea (to eat them ) BUT She who must be obeyed fell in love with the poo factories they are and didn't want to eat them. SO my solution was to swap my lambs (when older) with a friend who also had bottle lambs then we were not eating our beloved pets but someone elses Ha! I got this idea from reading a book about the Mau Mau uprising in Kenya in the 50s where the  white farmers that treated their workers (slaves) very well were not murdered by their servants but rather their servants murdered the neighbours whites and this was reciprocated by their workers . very civilised I thought.!

I understand, you never want to give meat animals pet names we give our butcher animals food names or something non-lovable. The butcher lamb in the freezer now is "Cotton." Swapping butcher animals is a good tactic. Fortunately Deb doesn't have any problem raising a butcher animal and eating it. Braised leg of lamb. mmmmmmm :)

We never did raise a meat goat though and I LOVE BBQ'd goat, it really picks up the smoke flavor. We really need an emoticon that's mouth is watering.

Say Scrapartoz. I've always really liked Littlemilligan's Avatar/picture, when you going to model a sculpture on him?

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty  - yes he has a great photo ...looks like a wild man of the forest! Also my choice is mashed spuds and peas.

Ausfire - Im not understanding......  were you offended by my post in some way?

Macca ...yes lamb shanks  YUMMMMM   we used to give them to the dogs as they were considered a very poor cut of meet. Nowadays we (Australia) export them to England where they have an enormous following as an English pub meal for tourists with mash and peas! My daughter (chef) cooks them for 4-5 hours with root vegetables and garlic and a couple of cans of tomato  VERY NICE

Ah peas. Being diabetic I have to pay attention to things like peas are a starch rather than what our folks thought of as a green veggie. I LOVE peas and mash, easiest way I know of to keep peas on a fork is to bed them in mash. Mmmmmm.

Shank anything is very flavorful if, lots of connective tissue to cook down into flavor. Salt, pepper rub and brown it hot then a long slow braise in beef or chicken stock with onion, carrot, celery and taters in the pot. The spice load depends on the meat. Lamb likes garlic and easy on the rosemary maybe a pinch of thyme but simple is best.

I haven't put tomatoes in the braise but I've had it. Ditto YUMMMM.

Frosty The Lucky.