I Forge Iron

Some non knife shaped object work.

I made these to prototype my plans to make gifts for my mother and sisters and girlfriend for Mothers Day this weekend.

20150503_182617[1].thumb.jpg.84b32029a06

I think I have a better plan for the curving then what I did with these, I just made them free hand cold from A36 Mild just to see if the stock would hold the weight of a full bottle and how hard it would be to form cold.   Since all of the ladies in my life are passionate Wino's I figure some well made well formed ones are in order, So going to spend tonight making a bending jig so I can bend them all uniform.

My girlfriend gets mad when I pick up the massive jugs of wine at the Liquor store and ask her why not buy the 5.99 bottle at a gallon, instead of the standard size bottle at 16.99 +, That usually results in a dirty look from her and her saying I cant buy one of of my standard favorites , BUT she did learn her lesson about telling me I cant buy Rum, as I walked around the house all weekend saying " Why is the Rum always gone " till she caved and let me go buy more. 

I want to make some for Beer Cans/Bottles as well, but Fathers Day is still a good long ways away, so its Wino mode for me for the moment. If my dad has any 1/2 inch stock instead of 1/4 inch stock, I may try to forge weld leaves on them but that might be another try later.

• 2 months later...

Neat Idea I might steal it some day. BUT Have you tried the glasses full? The center of gravity will be much higher.

Göte

Post script:

The lt. colonel coming out from the liquoir store in full regalia dropping his bag onto the pavement.

Bystander:What a disaster. -- And you are drafted as well poor chap.

I do not know if the translation to English works

Göte