I Forge Iron

Ethan my man those are darned fine looking turning hammers and I'm more than a little happy to see you spreading the craft. Dustin looks like a happy guy and the two of you look like a team.

Frosty The Lucky.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

The ghost of Ethan has come back to haunt you with more awesome tools!

that's right, I am back with new tools. I finished a 4.5 lbs hammer and I have the vid for it:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzmWxEfLX0Y

I hope to finish a strait peen hammer for I fly of to the uk in  weeks.(yes, I will take lots of pics)

please give me any tips for forging further hammers. hope to be posting more.

Ethan

Another nice video Ethan, well done. The hammer looks good from here, a fine job. 4.5lb. is way too much single jack hammer for me but put it on about a 3/4 double jack handle and it'd be one of my go to hammers. I betcha. ;)

Frosty The Lucky.

Ethan, I am truly envious of your talent. Seeing work like that makes me want to go out and light the forge right now to catch up to your abilities. If only my neighbors were as understanding as your family seems to be. Keep up the good work!

Edited by jumbojak

• 1 month later...

Ethans back from England!(a month ago) hahahaha

I have been kept busy with craft shows, classes, school, and more forging!

I will have a video up in a day or so, showing the 75lbs of tools I got back from 6 good days of forging. i thought and laughed to myself about how ugly some of the tools were that i had posted before going to Britain(such as the 4.5 rounding hammer), some have since been re forged.

Any way, i got a short video of alec steele and i striking on the worlds largest flater!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKAz34dcUr8

Ethan

That's a darned big hammer you're swinging Ethan. Don't be damaging yourself, it's easy to just shrug off little twinges and aches at your age but in another 40 years or so some will catch up and make you pay.

I'll be watching for your pics.

Frosty The Lucky.