I Forge Iron

Latest collaboration project..

j.w.s.

CONGRATULATIONS!! Thank you and the Missus for today's happy smile! Did you get some more little inky feet prints for the scrap book? It's just a thought but might make cool Christmas cards or something.

Welcome aboard Alainn Rein Stekervetz. May the world be your oyster and may it be MY honor to be your Weird Uncle Frosty. I'm on call with whatever I have to offer. Big warm Frosty hugs to you and yours.

Goodness I feel good Lil'one thank you. Love and hugs, Frosty The Lucky.

That first picture should be a poster. Reminding us all that what realy makes a man ost how tough he is, but how gently he uses his strength. As one Dad to another, you will be so proud of her you can't stand yourself or so aggravated, no middle ground. As long as you find your self proud  7 times as often as agbra acted, your doing good.

And then someday she will be dating and as a blacksmith you can strike terror into her boyfriends hearts!

(leastways all my daughters' boyfriends were terrified of me I have been told; perhaps my books on the darker sides of medieval ironworking finally did come in handy!)

Congrats new Daddy... ( and momma also I heard she had some input on this one too ) Have you applied for a blessing form the Amish Mafia yet ?  Nice pics,but I think the second one, with dad and baby;  needs to be framed :) my kids are always inspiration to me....and the shadows in that is perfect too

Edited by Steve Sells

Thank you everyone for the comments and well wishes! We're all doing fine, back at home and starting to establish what may eventually be our routine. :) Sometime this weekend i may even get a chance to walk back in the forge for a few hours. lol Daddy does have to make a living.. 

J

Best advice I can give you is t remember you wife will sacrifice herself fo your daughter. She will do wih out eating, sleeping and just about everything els. Your first duty is to take care of her, help her out in every way you can, and make time for the two of them, they need the money you make, but they need your time just as much. 

Well said Charles. Mother's going to need down time, seriously need it. Just take the baby for a while so she doesn't have to do anything, she can watch TV, read, listen to the radio talk to girlfriends on the phone, anything just for herself. It won't be long before you can take the baby to the shop with you. Car seats are warm safe and easily shielded from flying debris. There's nothing wrong with exposing babies to the real world so long as it's done safely.

I learned my feel for metal through the seat of my diapers, Dad baby sat me by sitting me on the ways of his metal spinning lathe so I could play race car driver with the take up wheel. I can still visualize it now and hear the sound of the different color cars. Brass, bronze, copper, SS, steel, all grades have their own feel and sound when pushed to the limit. I heard and felt all of it as a baby. We moved out of that house when I was 2 and I still feel what's happening IN the metal as I work it.

Some of the most valuable stuff is learned from the womb till they get to school and start learning . . . Nevermind. <sheepish grin>

Weird Uncle Frosty.