I Forge Iron

Tiller's International

Just finished up the 2 day course of Blacksmithing 1 at Tiller's International, near Kalamazoo Mi. REALLY enjoyed the class, highly recommended! They know how to get ya going! That, and they make a homemade lunch for you as part of the class, as a rather plus size guy, that was quite important too. ;)

First project was to take 3/8" square bar, make it into round stock and then make it round and forge it into a solid ring. I messed up and made my weld too long, so was a lot harder to get it to weld properly, but got it to work anyway. Then we made decorative hooks. The next day we took some high carbon steel and made cold chisel's and then heat treated and tempered them. And last project was a spoon for flux.

I worked quicker then everyone else in class, so in my extra time I was making extra hooks or helping others. Was great fun, learned a LOT.

http://www.iforgeiron.com/gallery/image/38674-tillers-international-blacksmithing-class-projects/