I Forge Iron

Opel kadett car blower

natkova

Failing that, most libraries have chilten or motors manuals for the diy car repair. Kind of hard to tell just by looking. Might also try to google your make model and year, wiring diagram or wiring schematic. Nice thing is they are designed to be regulated for lower air speeds, one can use a rheostat or the appropriate multi step switch. I like to use a "dead mans switch" on electric blowers. The old on the floor starter switches work well (look like head light dimmer switches but they are momentary switches)
Your switches will live longer if they are on the negligible side of the circuit as there will be lees arcing

It looks to be three speed, if there's four wires in that plug one is ground the other are the speeds one being ground if only three in the plug no ground then you have to ground the motor housing it's hard to tell by your pic, it does look like the resistor was spliced in at one time.Two speeds through the resistor then third direct for high and ground

Ironmike

Other way is ,by the looks of it two are going from the resistor to the plug, leaving two to the plug one being ground and the other your high speed,if you hook them up backwards the motor will run backwards then just reverse them

Ironmike

Natkova, By the way That blower motor is 12v-DC you will need some sort of 12v DC power source Car battery? ect

Ironmike

Once you have sorted out witch is high speed and wich is ground, a reostat is easy to install, a houshold dimmer will work. As will a house hold lightswitch. This is DC, it isnt as prone to arc like Ac. 12v dc is relitively safe to work with, as 30 amp at 12 v wont kill you, but it still can cause a fire so fuse protection is a must.

You can use the wire, but dont plug it into you wall plug!
All the electric stuff runs on smoke. They put the smoke in at the factory and if you let it out it wont work so more!
Sorry bad joke, and I know jokes dont translate well.
Ac (alternating curent) and Dc (direct curent are bery different animals. Ac is what the wall outlet has and Dc is what your car has. So a fan ou of a car needs 12v Dc, a car batery is acualy 13.5volts, so any combination of bateries in series that will make 12.5-14.5 will work. As will plugging it into the cigarette lighter of a car or truck.

Do not plug into the wall! You will need to run off a car battery, or a 12v DC power supply. This is one of the drawbacks of using automotive parts. Another option is to salvage a motor off a household fan, and attach it to the fan you have. That way you get to plug it into a wall outlet, and most fans have multiple speed settings.

Good Morning,

Find/Buy/Borrow a 12 volt battery (from a car, truck or tractor. Maybe from the car that the blower motor came out of). Connect a battery charger to the battery when you want to use the blower. Take the heater blower motor switch from the car that you have the blower from. OR. Figure out which wire is the ground for the blower (quite often a brown wire, but not always), connect battery negative (-) to the ground wire. Connect battery positive (+) to a loose wire and touch it to the other terminals in the fan connector. One terminal will be fast speed, one will be slower and one will be very slow speed. Figure out what speed you want and put a switch in the positive wire.

DO NOT CONNECT THE BLOWER MOTOR DIRECT TO HOUSE WIRING!!!!!

If you want a blower that will work on house voltage, buy it. Do not use a car blower for house voltage.

Merry Christmas,

Neil

I believe one of the outlets on a computer power supply is regulated 12v wile the others are 5v that gives you two fan speeds. Old PC cases are easy to score in most places.
Mike, mine run away from the hot wire too, but the run tord cookies even faster!
And people wonder wonder I like bellows...
21century be xxxxxx!

what is his house current in his country?  We always had adapter when we traveled in some countries.  12 volt is quite forgiving when testing wires unlike AC.  Test off a battery or charger to avoid using the vehicle with the electronics that hate shorts.  I understand making do with what is available but sometimes it's better to wait for something closer to what you want, like a household fan of some type. 

House voltage is about 220V over there. Not exactly, but the little 2 round pin plugs work for AC. Perhaps he can get a little 12V DC transformer/power supply for an electronic device? Might be easier than finding the battery charger over there. 

The Opel is a little two door hunk of junk sold all over East Europe and the old Soviet bloc by GMC. If I remember right, it was a german company, named after the diesel guy, and GMC bought em out to prevent more cheap economy imports over here back in the 80s. Probably be tough to find a Chilton for it. They were as ubiquitious as blue and white Toyota bongo trucks in Iraq.