I Forge Iron

Best country in the world to be a blacksmith?

I love where I live and operate(only 600km apart :) ) we can get virtually everything here, well except for reliable and cheap power, good law enforcement and a fair dispensation.  And I forgot a stable, strong currency. Otherwise this is a fantastic place!  I'm surprised that guys in the UK feel that they can't easily get the good materials!

Bohler must have Uk outlets and their products are arguably the best that money can buy, and you can use pounds not monopoly money! 

I'd love to travel to Germany and France to see how things are done over there as well as third world countries to see what is being achieved with relatively basic tools. 

Andy

The point in my earlier post, was that things are really the same everywhere as far a blacksmithing. The process is the same, just that some have simpler or fancier tools ( everyone works with what they have) but the outcome is still great iron work. The blacksmithing "HOW TO" is the same, the actual styles of design is what I have seen that is different. Just for an example - The Ukraine has some exceptional design put into some of the smiths work over there, not for everyone but I like it.

I love where I live and operate(only 600km apart :) ) we can get virtually everything here, well except for reliable and cheap power, good law enforcement and a fair dispensation.  And I forgot a stable, strong currency. Otherwise this is a fantastic place!  I'm surprised that guys in the UK feel that they can't easily get the good materials!

Bohler must have Uk outlets and their products are arguably the best that money can buy, and you can use pounds not monopoly money! 

I guess those are things we take for granted somewhat. 

I'm sure I can source all the materials I could ever want. I'm just tight... I mean frugal. 

Andy