I Forge Iron

Wrought hawk

Cool, I've done a couple like that, stack up left over bits of wrought into a billet big enough to make a hawk.  Never got quite the patterning your getting.  There was patterning, but lots finer, guess I had a little higher grade wrought iron.  I know a knife maker that made several damascus bowies and daggers with low grade wrought iron guards that he etched for several hours, then polished, looked like polished silver lattice work.

• 2 months later...

Dang...

Ok, so as to not look like a post-count entry, I'll elaborate on the single word above's intended meaning. Chris, I've loved seeing your work you post on here. The attention to detail and quality is awesome. The artistry is beautiful. Seeing that much of it at one time was inspiring. Please, please keep it up and continue gracing us with pictures of the fruits of your labors.

Dang...

Ok, so as to not look like a post-count entry, I'll elaborate on the single word above's intended meaning. Chris, I've loved seeing your work you post on here. The attention to detail and quality is awesome. The artistry is beautiful. Seeing that much of it at one time was inspiring. Please, please keep it up and continue gracing us with pictures of the fruits of your labors.

​Hi LastRonin glad you like my work very much appreciate

Heres a pic i cant get them all in to take good ones but hope you like these anyay .

Chris,

P1010585.JPG

Hi Chris, Another nice axe mate!    If you run out of storage space you can leave as many as you like at myplace 

Dropped by twice on a wednesday and seen the boys but you haven't been at the smithy hope everything is ok.

​Hi Dale just fine  thanks just buzy getting work done ,Wouldnt want to put you to any trouble .Always got  enough room for home security mate lol

Chris