I Forge Iron

With retirement comes freedom.

kevan

Welcome to retirement, I've been retired 3yr 8 months but who is counting? As stated above I'm busier now than ever before, not sure how I had time to work before. Everyone has something they need done and if your "Retired" you have the time to do it for them in their minds. Enjoy it, do what you want, don't set down!

I too am retired, yet was forced into retirement. Yet it was the right decision, as luck would have it so. Although it took 5years to realize my life wasn't over just yet. Keep yourself busy n helpful to others an you will have no depression in your life.
It took me till this time in my life to finally build a shop I could explore my smith work. So don't ever give up those out there that don't have a shop you'd like. It took manyyy years n sacrifices to build enough to pay cash for such.
As when many went on extravagant vacations several times per year we had none. When everyone seems to have new trucks we drove clunkers, yet well maitained. Set goals in life n it will come,,,

I love that statement Mike,lol. Happy so many out there are able to do so. I was retired, till I had a life shaking moment an then life n time became extremely much more of importance.

When my shop is finalized, my life is going to become very busy. If not for the dream of smithing an that desire to live such a dream. I finally will have a place to do so an what a incredulous fact that has become. Along with the discovery of IForgeIron, as I never knew there were so many smiths at so many different levels,,,

Anyhow, it's good to be alive,,, An never again will I allow my life to be wasted away as many had wanted I think. Out of sight, out of mind type situation. I'll live up to that too, workin out of sight at smithing. Smile
Thanks to all whom make this site possible an available to all. Sharing of ideas an methods of Master Smiths that many of you certainly are.

Anyhow, off I go n retirement full time has taken a backseat some days,,, Spend an enjoy the latter years of your life. I'll make sure everyone gets a bag of coal an a hammer n tongs.

Retirement is indeed a special time not granted or seen by all.

Thank you for your comments.

I recently heard an interview on radio and a successful businessman said: "I have just turned 64, but its not the end of the world, you can however, see it from here.

I now spend a bit of time decorating the shop in a style that suits my mood, also keen to open the shop to anyone with an interest in messing about with hot steel.

• 2 weeks later...