I Forge Iron

BECMA Anvil - anyone tried one.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Not exactly an active thread, but I did come across it while trying to search for a review of them myself, as i'm having some difficulty tracking down an anvil for sale in my area and noticed them for sale online.

I've got one of the 50kg becma anvils on loan this week so I can do some practice at home (only starting out).
Due to my complete and utter lack of experience, I wont really be able to comment or compare it to a 'good' anvil.

It has a decent enough rebound, and sings nicely all over... as mentioned, a bit soft on the face, but as a beginner; more forgiving of missed blows.
It's owned by a local group who run workshops for beginners every week, so has probably faced a fair bit of abuse, and from what I can see is holding up ok (few minor dings on the face).

Until I source one to purchase, hopefully i'll get a bit more use out of it and can comment further... just a couple of hours of use so far, and no complaints.

Yvdji8E.jpg