I Forge Iron

Nope, the only reason I ended up with the bigger one is because it was an all or nothing deal. I really just wanted the trenton, and tongs ...... But I had to buy the trenton, peter wright, tongs and a forge blower . I already sold the forge blower..... I wanted the smaller anvil so I could start doing a little traveling to some events and take some classes. And yeah! I saw the double stamping on the trenton, to a collector that might be a good thing but to me it's just a nice trenton anvil lol

Alright gents if you will, I have a question that is bothering me. The peter wright pictured above if you notice is tilted , not just a little tilt but as you can see it has some seriouse Tilt to the face . After inspecting the anvil I have been able to figure out that at some point in it's life it raved as a major bottom tooling anvil.... The only edge chipping is around the hardy hole and the hardy hole itself has some pretty good wear. So my question is why does this anvil tilt soooo much??? And another question .... If you look at the front of the peter wright you can see a circle indentation, if you flip the anvil over the bottom of the anvil is damaged in line to that indentation.... It almost gives the look that a piece of molten steel has more or less Burned through the anvil and then solidified???? Is this possible? I will post more pictures later today ... Thanks in advance

Re: Tilt. Without serious bulging or other indications of stress I would say that it was made that way. If you look at enough anvils, you will see more like that. Some had serious up-sweep like yours, others had a pronounced lean to the left or right.

I have never seen anyone offer them that way in an old catalog, so maybe they were just seconds, or special orders. I dunno.

• 2 weeks later...