I Forge Iron

you guessed it im new

Damion78

Well I'll try this again not sure what happened but my last intro vanished. Hello my name is Damion and I just started blacksmithing a few months ago. I'm using a few different pieces of railroad tracks as an anvil and I have a breakdrum forge lawnmower combo air powered by a hairdryer on a dimmer switch. So far I have made a few knives, a couple pairs of tongs some punches and a rounding hammer I'm Purdy proud of. I look forward to learning everything I can with all the information here.   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thank you for your time.

Last one was taken off line, becaue after you said hello,  you proceeded to tell people to go to another site

Welcome aboard Damion, glad to have you. If you put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many of the IFI gang live within visiting distance. Show us some pics of what you're doing, we LOVE pics.

Frosty The Lucky.

Howdy. I'm down the road in KFalls. I'm doing some work for some folks in Redmond, should be going up there to deliver it in a month or so. I've got some extra leg vises I could sell to you cheap, if you don't mind making a spring or mounting plate. Don't matter to me. If you're down this way, you're welcome to look me up. Just not during deer or elk season.