I Forge Iron

Forging a larger decorative leaf

Well, Tubbe, you did it again! Very good video and very educational, too. 

While watching it sometimes I had some disbelief - but there was so clear work and so well constructed process that doubts never lasted more than 2-3 sec.  :)

And the final product is awesome.

Thank you for sharing your method. And the next working spot marked on the anvil is also a nice idea - I am definitely gonna try that to help my dancing around the anvil.

Thanks for inspiration!!

Gergely

Thanks Tubbe - always inspirational watching you work. I like the veining technique you used. Would like a good look at the hammer. I do my veining under the hold down with a chisel. Looks OK but I will try your method too.
And I have never tried doing leaves with anything larger than 12mm stock, so that's something else to try. Great stuff. I learn so much from your videos.

Oh geeze, I was almost late to work this morning because I stopped everything to watch this video! Very well done, I will definitely make use of some of those techniques. Thanks!

I waited til I was at work... One of the rare occasions my job will actually permit this. Great video. Notes taken.

Greetings Taubbe,

Very professional video...   Your technique is smooth and very informative..  We all have our own spin on leaves and it is refreshing to see your method.   Thanx for posting ..

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim

Hi, and thanks!

ausfire, the veining texture is done with an ordinary cross pein that is quite thin and rounded. Nothing fancy.

JimsShip, yes the hardy tool is just a folded up round bar. Picked up that somewhere, can't remember...