I Forge Iron

Virtual Assistant for construction steel security door and wooden country house for safety, materials and manufacturing process

angiolino

hello gentlemen users of the forum, today I beg to ask your technical advice because I would like to solve a problem of domestic security. I should build and install an old country house in a security door to prevent access to malentenzionati. Unfortunately, the size of the port are not standard so they are forced to realize it in the traditional way, I need advice drawings or photos, affinche this port does not look like the door of a prison I would like to do it in sections internally and externally by steel plates planks of wood type medieval castle you could give me suggestions on materials hinges bolts locks wood profiles for door and window frames and methods of construction and installation thanks to await the next news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly_BzgHS08E

It turned out nice but I wonder how long the welds will hold up.  The one thing I noticed was the welding.  The torch tip moved away from the work when you first fired up.  This could be from a poor ground or the material wasn't very clean or both.  You burned through some material from to hot a setting or moved to slowly. After grinding some of the welds you could still see some cracks where you didn't get enough penetration.  I'm afraid that if they ever slam the door some of the welds will start to split apart.  I hope it lasts a long time.  

This one is already built and looks good.

For your next one why not rotate the bars 45 degrees, or add decorative elements such as a street number to make it a *custom* build, and would be just as secure.  Do not go overboard as that would indicate they have money and invite a brake in.

You could include a dead bolt into the design as the locks are sometimes a weak point in the security.

I build homes for a living. Anything you build to stop someone from entering the house, I can bypass. The question is how long it takes and how much energy and effort is required. The idea of these things is simply to make it difficult to gain entry and make the thief think about moving on to an easier target.

Fastest way past most security bar doors is a 6' digging bar or large crow bar. Slide it thru the bars or wedge it between the wood and steel, grab the end of the digging bar, and use the extra leverage to rip the screws out of the wood frame. It's the same principle as a Haligan bar the fire department uses to gain entry into building in the case of a fire.

• 1 year later...