I Forge Iron

Anvil mounting

Take a couple steel bars across the feet and lag the ends to the stump. A couple short lengths of 1/4 x 1" with a hole in each end and 4 lag bolts will do the trick. If you can heat them up and form them around the feet thats better but you don't need to. 

Take a couple steel bars across the feet and lag the ends to the stump. A couple short lengths of 1/4 x 1" with a hole in each end and 4 lag bolts will do the trick. If you can heat them up and form them around the feet thats better but you don't need to. 

That's more or less how I do it. 

That is a nice stand. Were I making one like it the only thing I'd do differently is to through bolt and glue the planks. Well, make a little wider base or a bending fork might cause it to be tippy.

Lots of guys here have anvil stands like this one, it's solid old school.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 5 months later...

A bit of wood or steel carved to fir the curves beside the feet and a length of chain around the waist either lag bolted or with lag eyes in the side if the stump and either 1/4" lode binders or... The name elides me (part timers) ... Ah turn buckle. To clamp it down. Lode binders are nice if you need to pull them apart often.