I Forge Iron

Rasp Knife.

neg

I actually did a mixture of forging and stock removal for this one. I rough cut it's shape with the chop saw, then forged it's final shape and forged down the teeth on the rasp. The bolster is stainless, I thought it'd be cool to stamp it there. The handle is micarta, my first time ever making the stuff. I'm happy with how it turned out, I think I'm going to start using it for all of my knives. It was really fun making it and it really makes finishing the handle exciting, seeing how your layers in he micarta turn out. :)

post-27440-0-05894500-1404913655_thumb.j

Love that deep green on those micarta scales. I've been looking into ordering some for a while, just have yet to pull the trigger. Beautiful work! 

Don't bother buying it. Get on youtube and look up how to make it. It's surprisingly easy to make and really fun. About 20 minutes of work (plus an overnight dry) and you'll have enough micarta for three or four knives.

Nice job overall, neg. I especially like the homemade micarta. I agree; it is so easy to make, and fun. Sooo many possibilities! I was really happy with even *my* first attempt :D The sheath looks good too. I like working with leather, made one kydex sheath (not thrilled with the result), but wouldn't know where to begin with a wooden sheath. Bravo!!

Scott

Finished another one today, this time I used a brass bolster and larger pins. I think this one turned out a little better. I kept the files teeth on the blade, I only sharpened them, so it's very slightly serrated.I'm going to sell this one and keep the other. 

post-27440-0-16387200-1405534862_thumb.j

Finished this one up today. My wife said it looks like a chameleon, so that's what I'll call it. I like this knife a lot, so I'll probably end up making several of these and keeping at least one. :P

post-27440-0-47312800-1405728603_thumb.j