I Forge Iron

heart attack

BM454

Greetings Scott,

I wish you a speedy recovery..   Take your time ... slow down... smell the roses...  I think it is amazing what our doctors can do today..   Your in my prayers.

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim

Thank each and every one of you. I had the surgery a week ago Tuesday. Im already home and wandering around the yard. I think my wife is gonna need the prayers and support as much as I do. It's a full-time job keeping me from doing anything. I promised her I would not over do it and I won't. Just not easy being very active and then not being able to do much of anything. If find by doing small stuff it helps the soreness though. Just can't lift anything over 5 lbs. I don't dare ask her about a 2 lb hammer lol. I alrwady know the answer.

I have been through the same situation as you; heart attack, stents and then a double bypass 6 weeks later.  It may seem tough now to stay on the recommended regimen; I couldn’t lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk, and wasn’t supposed to drive for six weeks. I did a lot of sketching, shop cleaning and organizing, all in preparation for my eventual parole.  Looking back on it, a year and half later, it’s truly amazing to consider what all they did and the speed of my recovery. I’m doing everything I was prior, and more.

Good luck and behave yourself!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Gergely.

I'm doing much better and feeling better than I have in years. Lots of energy now days. I still can't lift anything heavy but that's coming in time. I just have to watch it or I'll be back in surgery again.

Scott

• 1 month later...

Good grief! I hate to hear about the heart attack, glad to hear you are doing well. I grew up in that area. Next time I find myself there I will look you up and we can play with fire and bang on metal.

Ben

• 5 weeks later...

Ben, Anytime you get back this way let me know. Would be glad to hang out and beat in some metal.
Update on my condition. I'm back working again and doing ok. Regaining my sstrength back a little bit at a time. Being a Boilermaker is not the easiest job to have but, I don't think I ever want to do anything else.
I want to think all of you again for your thoughts and prayers.