I Forge Iron

Hello from Chicagoland

pduffy

Hello all.  I would like to introduce myself.

My name is Pete, I live in Mundelein.   I am almost 50, and I would like to start heating and beating some iron.  I have been buying up old hammers at yard sales & such, and I have a good enough collection to start.  I have all kinds of other tools, such as woodworking and general fix-everything tools.

I am looking for a decent anvil, at least 100#, but it doesn't need to be huge.  I can probably fashion my own forge.  Some other tools like tongs would be nice to start with too.  I have a hunk of RR track, but I want an anvil.  

I saw some on anvilfire, but for some reason, I cannot contact anyone by clicking a link, and I see no place to create an account or log in.

I'm looking forward to learning all about this craft, and cruising through the forums and meeting new people.

Thanks!

Do  a search of IForgeIron for TPAAAT and apply the technique for finding things.

Do  a search of IForgeIron for the 55 Forge, or look under Forges > solid fuel. There is also a section for gas forges.

Pack a lunch and a cold drink and read IForgeIron. Start with what interests you and move on from there.

Welcome to the site.

• 2 months later...