I Forge Iron

Copper and Silver Jewellery

Thank you. I use various gauges of C101 copper wire, most of the sheet I use is salvaged from copper pipes that I found in my attic, which I think are rather old and don't seem to react any differently from pure copper so I assume they are fairly pure. 

Very fine work! I have never been partial to the chainmaille styling but they look well executed. I agree the scrollwork flows very nicely and they are very pretty :)

The 'free machining' alloys are very sneaky, I can't but brass or bronze from the steel supply near me because they are all machine alloys :'(

Thanks, I usually end up buying non-ferrous stuff online, but I still prefer actually being able to pick things up in person when buying, rather than looking at a stock photo of XYZ and some listed dimensions.

Is that a particular place or thing, or just a recommendation to not buy non ferrous from a steel yard? :)

Plumbing pipe and electrical wire will be no-lead no matter where you buy them in the USA.  One of my great finds was 3 spools of grounding wire I bought at the local Re-Store for US$5 a piece---paid for a lot of time not finding anything at a good price there!

Thanks for the warm welcome..... As for the 70s vibe it must have been something I ate.... hehe... I never was much on jewelry but when my friend that taught me to forge passed I made 500 pieces to sell to raise money for his wife at an art show.... Most of the artists there were asking big bucks for their pieces... I wanted something that people could afford.... They sold because they were under 50 bucks.....I prefer to do larger pieces.....

When the man that helped me learn the basics passed I made the pendants using a treadle hammer that he built to make them to be sold to help his wife.... They sold so well they became a staple of my for sale art... Bottle openers, oyster knives,steak turners as well as special requests are also great sellers at local stores..

• 4 weeks later...