I Forge Iron

Corn-handled Benghazi Warfighter

Stormcrow

The customer for this knife wanted a green handle with yellow liners.  After looking through the various handle options, he chose a material that I'd been wanting to play with: Warwood.  It's a Micarta-esque material built entirely from corn waste products and plant resins, originally used in the hulls of MRAP (mine-resistant, ambush-protected) military vehicles as part of their armor to protect against IEDs.  The yellow liners are standard vulcanized fiber material.

6" blade of 5160, stainless steel flared tube rivets.

lars04_zps105b279d.jpg

Kydex sheath with TekLok.

lars05_zps36f21c5d.jpg

It was one of the blades I took on my honeymoon to work on finishing up.  I finalized the sharpening and installed the TekLok in Moab, Utah, and took pics in Arches National Park, by Park Avenue Canyon.

And today he sent me this picture of it whacking off branches from a willow tree in his yard:

lars07_zpsc68f5260.jpeg

I commented that it did all right for a knife that wasn't built primarily as a chopper.  His response:  "It's just so xxxx sharp!"    :D

Much appreciation to him for his patience in dealing with my distracted mind while getting ready for the wedding.