I Forge Iron

Scandi and Burl

Loneforge

5160 blade steel, NS Guard with black and stainless spacers. Dyed Box Elder Burl. My  first Scandi grind as requested by customer. This knife has not been nitpicked yet, but, this will be only chance I have to share before it goes to  the owner. If I get better pics I will share. Thanks for looking.

URSPWZz.jpg?2

lHvbc1h.jpg?2

looks great Darren!  I don't often comment because it just gets repetitive, but your work is tight as a drum and very inspiring, keep it up!

and did you redo/get a new touchmark, it looks different (in a good way ;) ), or have you just not been signing the last several blades? 

Darren,

Quod est spectacular!! :)

Does "Scandi" refer to the grind itself? or the overall shape of the blade?

Scott

OK, I think I got it. If I understand Mr. Google, a "Scandi grind" has a shorter bevel than a typical flat grind. I.E. there is more face area as opposed to bevel than say a full flat grind that extends up to or near the spine; Yes?

Yeah Scott Scandi refers to the grind type....typically shorter steeper bevels for a camp/survival knife. The steep angle on the bevel will not make as good a slicer but will take punishment better than a thin flat or hollow grind. Chinobi ...the last few blades I'd posted didn't have the touchmark because I made them when I was in AZ and couldn't get to my shop for snow....Dang winter. I regret not having it when I was there but it happens! Thanks for the positive feedback guys!