I Forge Iron

Get Hammered 2014

get hammered should be on again  the last weekend in october, if phill dose not have any thing planed ,LOL   we had about  20 last year it was a good time had by all ,
  another anvil  was started to be forged ,  it now is about  finished  the  base has to be attached  and hardie hole an pritchel hole made then hardened   so it happening  but slow 
  well if you are interested is coming to 2014  get hammered let us know by private message in iforge iron 
 moony

• 1 month later...
Posted · Hidden by Glenn, October 14, 2014 - cleaning up the topic to keep it on subject
Hidden by Glenn, October 14, 2014 - cleaning up the topic to keep it on subject

Phil my fine friend

Firstly I've never actually " cooked " cold burnt raw roast for you bloke ( spuds & punkin yes )

Second , ain't that whats ruffin' it / campin' out is ment ta be , " cold burnt raw " food ?

Third , you probably don't want a Victorian messin' up the place with all you New South Welshmen anyway .

Enjoy , & look after the " tappy tappy " people .

Dale Russell

• 2 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by Glenn, October 14, 2014 - cleaning up the topic to keep it on subject

Would love to come, money permitting....expecting a rather large tax bill this year me thinks. "Tappy tappy" people Dale? I thought blacksmithing events were for like minded people not similarly skilled people. Not the type of thing I thought would be written by someone who claims to be a forum moderator!

Ian

actually that has been Moony's latest term in the chat room, for those of us that don't have his certifications for smithing. So you are blaming the wrong person for that term.  If it offends you, you should try to make sure you aim your complaints at the correct person.

He used to use the term wire workers too for a while, and I would have classed Dale as a tappy tappy wire worker too, (sorry Dale). And I don't have the Tee shirt which says "worlds greatest blacksmith" either so who am I to talk.

Don't be to hard on the big fella though, he's getting old you know, he's been flat out looking after his grandson. We may have to make room around the hammer soon for him to get his zimmer frame in there.
Phil

well  it good to see i am getting some flacc  o well  as at to the term tappy tappys  its not mine, i just learnt it from others ,

and dont get all off your bikes about it , , i  will pick up the pump for you, even if i am a old  bloke   ,  but as to who wants to attend the get hammered all is welcome,    i like to see as many having fun forging , it all relevant to what each wants out of it , 

i just  do this as a real living to feed the tribe , so i take it all very series,,  and i do get a bit over the top some times, but i never try to hurt the feelings of any one ,

I see this as tradesman, industry, like electrical trade ,or butchers trade or carpenter trade  they are a trade to be leant the correct way, to do it correctly

it not a thing you pick up on you tube of just by teaching you self ,

i no that some skills can be self learnt   BUT  a lot think this trade as a blacksmith is  something easy to learnt

to be a good tradesman skilled in the arts of blacksmith  it take a good training, practice,  and  the willingness to  work ,smart and hard,

to make one thing by hand is not so hard ,  but to make 50 by hand and they all be the same is another  thing

Moony,

I understand as I have earned my Masters Certs as an electrician. but I have been offened a few times by your coments about us non licensed smihs, I did serve an apprentiseship as a smitth. even if it was not as formal at my electricial it was close.   I worked hard an I did learn about much more than the blade work I was interesed in.   If people like us are not good enough for you.   Why should any of us want to come to your hammer in for more up close and persponal abuse?  Clearly I am not alone in this feeling.  Dale and Ianr have both commented they are offended by the atttitude of tappy-tappy-smiths and the not-a-real-smith comments also.

Yes I earned my masters electrical, Yes I get upset when I see non licensed people taking my work, I understand being upset.  but I do not run around yelling at them for trying to make a living from it or even side money as long as the work is to code.  It seems more than a few of us wish you would cease doing it to us about smithing also.  If you dont like how we learned to smith, that is fine.    You can either offer ways to improve, as this forum is intended,  or find a better way to release your frustrations. You do need to think about what you want from IFI because we will always have a lot more there than only licensed experts here.

Just my personal feeling about this and not a formal statement of IFI policy.

Well, I must apologise, I seem to have opened up a can of worms. I am not familiar with any of the things that are causing Mr Sells grief, I have attended the last 5 Get Hammereds and I have always found Moony be welcoming and very informative. I merely commented on what Dale had wrote, I don't participate in chat and can only comment on what was written in black and white.

Ian

Mr Sells mearly corrected your aim.  It was clear you were acting offended at the term tappy tappy smiths when you thought it was Dale.   If your statement was only to poke a stick at Dale then we may have a more serious problem here.

well ,,  i am not trying to up set any one ,  i welcome all to the hammer party's  i never be little the hobbies, , i feel that  they will one day  become the main stream  in the smithing , as there are less an less pro smiths  out there , as to  my comments   of tappy tappy  well its a term of  how things are , most hobbiest  people attempting some blacksmithing practices ,   do tapp rather than hit the metal hard enough  an take a long time to achieve the finished result  but i give them full credit for there effort and  

Steve,  i am only saying as i see it , and i dont want to  degrade any thing about  I F I  

I see it as a great opportunity for people to lean  and enjoy  so we  will finish this subject NOW THANK YOU  

glenn moon 

I've worked with Moony, Hofi, and a lot of the IFI folks. I have my work all over the world. I have a Master Blacksith Certificate (made it meself). I don't take offense at hobby comments, but I would like to think no one would call me a tappy tappy (as big as I am and hard as I hit), but then each to his own. And don't forget the beer. Cheers, mates :)

(had to add my 2 cents)

Seems I've upset a few people with my " Tappy Tappy " comment .

To those concerned , I wonder if you have ever had a dream , a dream that " if " it happened would lift you out of a world of pain ( mental & physical ) only to see it vanish before your eyes .

As a human I have feelings & without thinking posted it not caring at the time , just because I am a IFI Moderator does not mean I am a mindless bot unable to have any form of emoticons  .

Yes I posted it , did I expect the response it has gotten , no .

If I had of known it would have blown out like this I would have kept my mouth shut .  

Once again I will not be going to MOONY'S Get HAMMERED this year . And to those going have fun & enjoy yourselves .

As far as this subject goes it is CLOSED , please only post about the event at MOONY'S .

Dale Russell / Moderator86

good on you dale you are correct an the main man in the get hammer event  i like toi see you here if you can make it but if family thing are importent we under stand  

an i will shut my trap also   and enjoy all havng a go  

glenn moon 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Moony,

I understand as I have earned my Masters Certs as an electrician. but I have been offened a few times by your coments about us non licensed smihs, I did serve an apprentiseship as a smitth. even if it was not as formal at my electricial it was close.   I worked hard an I did learn about much more than the blade work I was interesed in.   If people like us are not good enough for you.   Why should any of us want to come to your hammer in for more up close and persponal abuse?  Clearly I am not alone in this feeling.  Dale and Ianr have both commented they are offended by the atttitude of tappy-tappy-smiths and the not-a-real-smith comments also.

Yes I earned my masters electrical, Yes I get upset when I see non licensed people taking my work, I understand being upset.  but I do not run around yelling at them for trying to make a living from it or even side money as long as the work is to code.  It seems more than a few of us wish you would cease doing it to us about smithing also.  If you dont like how we learned to smith, that is fine.    You can either offer ways to improve, as this forum is intended,  or find a better way to release your frustrations. You do need to think about what you want from IFI because we will always have a lot more there than only licensed experts here.

Just my personal feeling about this and not a formal statement of IFI policy.

please stay on topic steve