I Forge Iron

Alu Bass fish

Biggusdan

I do not want to be a problem, it is nice work, and maybe it is just my dyslexia acting up again, but it appears this fish has the scales running backwards.

If you look at this live fish, you notice the scales attach at the face end, and overlap the next row towards the tail, leaving the curve of the scale at the rear.  Working like roof shingles.  If they were as you did there, the scales would catch water and flare out as they swim, rather than aid in stream-lining the animal.

post-2529-0-66766300-1396469595_thumb.gi

Greetings Biggusdan,

Love your fish...  I know how hard is it to get it just right....  A few years back I did a commission for a fellow who had a large round beam for his cottage that had shrunk and they had to section it and add jacks ...  To hide the jacks he wanted a split surround with a trout ...  He is a avid fisherman and loves his fish ...  This is what I came up with in repousse.   All natural colors .... It splits in half for installation.   Keep up your great work...

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim

post-30666-0-92504500-1396485386_thumb.j

Darned nice piece of work Dan. What's the finish?

It's not you Steve, Dan made a Fyshlexic Bass. They're rare but now I've seen one I believe. <wink> Maybe this is a late model bass with brakes?

Frosty The Lucky.