I Forge Iron

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Chris, any chance you'd do a thread on a progress one of these... what I mean is pics of the process from raw materials to completed blade? I for one would love to see that.

Hi Ronin  bit buzy at moment as you can see got these ruff forge out and will take me a while to get  these up out of the way .

the spike one is from a big old rat tail file , other from 1 inch coil 5160 the other 1045 .thank you for your interest .P1010308_zpsb4d8b11e.jpg.

Chris

I understand. Keep up the beautiful work. I wasn't asking you to do a special project for the pics btw. just, if you get a moment every once in a while during the steps to finishing one or another, snap a pic here and there, so that when you get it finished we can see the progress from rough to finished. (I know, I'm being greedy, lol. But like many on here, I love pics and great work.)

I understand. Keep up the beautiful work. I wasn't asking you to do a special project for the pics btw. just, if you get a moment every once in a while during the steps to finishing one or another, snap a pic here and there, so that when you get it finished we can see the progress from rough to finished. (I know, I'm being greedy, lol. But like many on here, I love pics and great work.)

HI lastRonin

Hope this keeps you happy for a while i payed a bit with  this today going to be a Franciscan style

From 1 inch old coil 5160 ,a couple of quik pix not sure when i will get to finish of thoaxes217_zps70a71a7d.jpgaxes224_zps671d7cbc.jpgaxes225_zps378b5977.jpgaxes230_zpsb29a5a3e.jpg

Chris

It's looking real good, Chris! Thanks for the "steps" photo's! Sure everyone is enjoying and learning. :)

Hi  mitch4ging,

Thank you very much ,but i forgot to take a pic of slitting and drifting might have to do another some time and tack on if people dont mind .

Chris