I Forge Iron

This is an anvil that is in the weld shop at one of the power plants I do Fire Protection work at. I'd just like to know:

1- Is it a Fisher? it didn't have the Fisher name as far as I could tell.(If not, then what is it?) 

2- Is the 220 on the one foot the weight

3- An idea of the manufacture date

4- Any other info

Thanks frog. I hope he can. I doubt they'll ever let me take it home, lol. But I still want to know about it. I hate that someone used it as a torch cutting table at some point and cut into it there near the horn. I did sneak a 1" bearing in and did a few test bounces... about 70-80 % through the middle, drops down to about 50% near the cut.

Your anvil is a FISHER, made during the Crossley era of production.  That puts it from 1962 to 1979.  The K72 puts it as being made in 1972.  I am not sure what the K symbolizes.  The might have been the 11th pour of the year, but I have not absolutely confirmed that.  The stand it is on is also a factory original.  Too bad about the torch cuts.

Gorgeous anvil.  I'd try to talk to a plant manager or shop head to get it from them.  Offer to replace it with a dozen saw horses or whatever else they might be needing, because they sure don't need the anvil.

That's funny. Cause I had a 119# Kohlswa Swedish babe that made all kinds of noise and bounced all over my shop. I traded her in for a quieter 300# Fisher American babe that hardly makes a noise and just stays in one spot when you hammer on her. ;)
I run into anvils in government/municipal shops often. I think since selling property is harder to do directly to an individual without being part of an inventory auction these anvils spend much longer in service than if they could be sold easier.
I asked about a 350# Columbian once and was told if it could/would be sold, it would go to auction.

I found an old beat to heck bridge anvil sitting in the desert  back behind the University property office once.

They siad they couldn't let it go, (I was at a University surplus property auction)  so I contacted my friend who was an instructor at the Fine Arts Metals branch of the co-located comunity college and it's sitting in her class-shop with a big university property serial number on it.  They told here that the pretty much ruined old anvil was worth more per pound than a NIMBA.  Clueless drones...

We use it for roughing in large items with sledges

My 400+ pound Trenton was in the maintenance shop of a copper mine and had typical weldor dammage to it now repaired.

Most old school factory shops had smithing set ups!