I Forge Iron

ABANA 2014- Attending?

I registered for the conference today.  Only $125 for ABANA members till January 15.  Make sure you make a motel reservation soon too, or register for camping or a tent.

Who else is going?  Please add to this list as you decide and register.

njanvilman......AKA  Joshua Kavett

• 3 weeks later...

Went to Rapid City and loved it, going to this one as well. Wife says no tent camping. Have not looked into accommodations yet, any suggestions?

I went with one of the motels on the ABANA list for the conference.  About 8 miles away, but a cheaper rate than right by the venue.  I have to look up the one I went with.

I went with one of the motels on the ABANA list for the conference.  About 8 miles away, but a cheaper rate than right by the venue.  I have to look up the one I went with.

Days Inn, Milford is my motel.  But they are almost sold out for those dates.  If you are planning on going and getting a motel in the area, do not wait.  They are already selling out.

My sleeping on the ground days are long gone.  I like A/C and a shower.

• 6 months later...

ABANA Dover, De is only a month away.  I will have a display of some of my FISHER anvils in the Gallery entrance.   I will also be tailgating there.  I hope to meet some of the IFI members there.  Who is going?  Don't forget....after the conference, I will open up my museum to anyone on Sunday afternoon and Monday.  I am about a 2 hour drive north of Dover.  Once I get loaded on Sunday morning, I am heading home and will open up the museum.  If you need to stay over and camp, I have lots of ground space.  Just let me know ahead of time.  Lots of motels in the area too.  Google motels near 07728.

It's coming up, who's going?  And should we have gotten some sort of registration packet by now?  I sent in my money months ago.

I do not think you will be getting anything ahead of time.  Usually if you have registered and paid, you just check in when you get there for you badge and packet.  It is very costly to mail out this sort of stuff to over 1000 people.

Please look me up in the tailgating area.  Maybe I will try to organize a group photo at some point.

I'm all registered to go. I didn't hear anything, and forgot which account the check was from, so I called the main office. They said I was all set, T-shirt size and everything. I kinda figured there would be some kind of pre-reg tent I check into, so I'm just going to wing it. I'm sleeping in my own bed at night and driving daily- not a big deal. Certainly would stick around if anyone wants to grab some dinner.

I'll definitely check in with you, Josh.

Steve

I'm 20 min from Phila airport if anyone needs a ride

Stash, I'm still in if you have room for me to go with you. It will save me from having to find a place to park the beast. I'll try and dig out your number this weekend and give you a call and touch base with you.

Good to see that some of our NE IFI members are attending.  I know of at least 5 NJBA members going.

I will be staying down there for the duration.  Just a bit to far to go home each night.

My plan is to arrive early Tuesday to set up my display outside the gallery.  I am bringing some BIG anvils, and a bunch of  significant others.  It should be interesting.  I will be set up tailgating t-shirts, mini Fisher anvils, and some old iron. Less than three weeks away!!

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't really heard much about the conference. Any chatter about it? Anybody from here going? I have 4 days next week with no work, thinking about going but no info available as far as demo s or speakers.

https://www.abana.org/Conferences/2014/Conference_Files/2014Schedule.pdf

https://www.abana.org/Conferences/2014/ConferenceDemonstrators.shtml

Loading up this weekend!  Bringing some neat FISHER stuff down for a large display outside the Gallery.  I will have t shirts and mini Fisher anvils for sale to support the museum.  Look for me in the tailgating area.

There has been lots of interest in this conference since ABANA announced its location two years ago.  Early registration was a bargain for those that registered by Jan 15.  I know they have one day passes available, and full passes.  The lineup of demonstrators is impressive.  The long range weather is going to be great.  Probably some of the best weather an ABANA conference ever had.

I hope to meet fellow IFI members.  If any one is traveling home towards the NE, or West via 76 or 80, and have some extra time, plan to visit my museum on Sunday afternoon or Monday after the conference.  See me for details.

800 lb and 1000 lb chainmaker's going in the truck this AM.  Loading up today and tomorrow.  Now is your chance to see some unique FISHER items.  I hope to meet some of you next week.

60 degrees here this morning.  Started loading at 630 am, done by 830 am.  I love my chain hoists.  Still was a chore to lift up the big anvils.  Now to load the trailer.

3/4 ton crew cab is riding a bit lower today.  But still have room to haul more back home....

Loaded the trailer with shirts/tables/chairs for the tailgating.  It will be a nice easy drive on Tuesday morning.  I have a lot of setting up to do.

See everyone at Dover.