I Forge Iron

Canedy Otto mfg co catalog

Paul Crosby

Also have a look at what you can find on Google Books. Use this Google search for Caneday - Otto M'FG' CO - " Caneday- Otto MFG CO :google books " . Follow the links.

Actually Google Books have a huge selection of old manufacturer's catalogues literature for old line American manufacturers, and hardware companies. Google Books is also well worth searching for older technical books. Never know what you will find.

You are very welcome! I love reading the old stuff myself. When I was learning to resilver mirrors I read a lot of old pamphlets on how mirrors were made in the early years as well as mercury mirrors. A great source of information even if you only look at the pictures. :)

That is a great catalog, thanks! I am presently refurbishing a Canedy-Otto forge blower with an attachment that I'm assuming hooked onto a forge. I'm amazed at how quietly this blower runs when cranked! I like Champion blowers but they can be pretty loud in operation.

The 400 blowers seem quite loud compared to the Canedy Royal's I have used. The 400's are "supposed to be" noiseless!! I don't own an Otto; hope to some day.

I think they had three of them......didn't they???? But didn't see them listed. The Tiger, the Royal and the Western Chief.

I have this one Champ. 400 that is literally whisper quite and so smooth, you cannot feel the meashing of the gear train when cranked. Pretty rare. I think they must have been like that new. THis one must have been put aside and not used...it's only my guess as they are pretty rough in terms of gear noise (bearing noise?). You can replace the ball bearings, but still have that noise. It must be the (bearing) cones. They get very small rust pits. They are hard like glass and can't be easily polished.

The Otto seems to have a much diferent gear mesh and seem to all operate silk smooth. From what I recall, they have no bearings, rather; bushings.