I Forge Iron

How does Matchless Ant. make all the anvils looks so nice?

There's a trick to getting the most out of a powered wire brush, wheel, cup or . . . Do NOT put pressure on it let the wire tips do their thing. Pressure bends the wires and leaves you rubbing the work with the flats of the wire. Just letting the ends ride on the work lets the sharp ends flick off paint, rust, dirt, plating, surface steel, etc. leaving a nice finish.

Easy does it gets you more results though it's counter intuitive.

Frosty The Lucky.

Always amuses me to read 'experts' making guesses. No caustic soda, no bead blasting, no power washing, just a lot of hours with wire brushes by some young fellas making wages. He has a seperate room for the clean-up work, with good ventilation, and his guys wear the proper protective gear.
Anyone coming anywhere near SW Michigan should give him a call and stop by his shop. Stewart, you are correct, he is a pro, and most definitely a good guy.

Always amuses me to read 'experts' making guesses. No caustic soda, no bead blasting, no power washing, just a lot of hours with wire brushes by some young fellas making wages. He has a seperate room for the clean-up work, with good ventilation, and his guys wear the proper protective gear.
Anyone coming anywhere near SW Michigan should give him a call and stop by his shop. Stewart, you are correct, he is a pro, and most definitely a good guy.

No one claimed to be an expert here. Seems like most of the responses were just examples telling how they have done it.