I Forge Iron

show me your destroyed anvil!

I saw that anvil on fleabay a couple of days ago, and he still wants AU$2000 for it.  Wondered what was going on with the different patination on the side.  I thought it had just been flappy disk ground to clean up the edges.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome aboard Zombi guy glad to have you. My impression is that anvil should've eaten the brains of the guys who abused her so. Good score though and she's still serviceable. She has enough face and decent horn for general work, the hardy hole is fine, if you need clean face and edges you can make a bottom tool by welding a shank to a piece of steel bar. She may bear scars but she's of proven worth and deserves a place in your shop.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 months later...

This PW anvil is for sale again and the seller writes" this Peter wright quality anvil has an interesting top stepped working surface feature". You can have this anvil with special feature for $750.The other one is also going for $750 special feature included.:D

$_20.jpg

$_20cc.jpg

1 hour ago, stan said:

This PW anvil is for sale again and the seller writes" this Peter wright quality anvil has an interesting top stepped working surface feature". You can have this anvil with special feature for $750.The other one is also going for $750 special feature included.:D

$_20.jpg

$_20cc.jpg

That feels almost criminal.

I take it this is what face delamination is?

Ha, I'd almost be tempted to seem super interest, then show up and test the rebound and offer scrap price.