I Forge Iron

RIP Grant Sarver

monstermetal

Post 112 has the information on services etc.

Sad to say my mentor and friend Grant passed last night. I will post service information as soon as I have it.

Anyone wishing to send flowers I can PM you The address...

I have moved this to the prayer list and combined multiple posts on the same topic

I hardly know what to say. When I saw the title of this thread, my first thought was that it was some sort of mistake or (no offense, Larry) sick joke. I didn't know Grant personally, as some of you did, but I certainly came to respect him through this forum and others. What a tremendous loss for the blacksmithing community. I'm sorry to say that I don't know anything about Grant's family situation, but I'll say a prayer for him and those who knew him..

I am really struggling with this, Grant contributed so much wisdom to this forum and to the NWBA forum. He gave so freely of his humor and wisdom. Rarely did you find a thread on either forum where Grant had not contributed a great deal of info. Rest in peace Grant.

(null)

I am really sorry to hear this. I have never met Grant in person, only on line and on the phone a couple of times. But I have learned tons from him over the years both forging information and business. He has always been very sharing with his knowledge.

Terrible news! I had the honor of meeting Grant this last summer when I visited Seattle and purchased some fantastic tongs from him. He always had realistic, down to earth, and sometimes frank advise for many areas. He always looked at things with a practical point of view.

Rest in peace Mr. Sarver. Thank-you for all your contributions and knowledge over the last 3 years. I have had great pleasure reading your posts. I have learned a lot from you. You will be missed.

Wow, what a surprise. I've been emailing Grant over the last couple weeks working out the details on a touchmark. I was supposed to call him tommorrow...

I hope what ever happened was quick and painless. I've always respected his knowledge and willingness to share, and often opened threads simply because he posted.

RIP Mr. Sarver.

-Derek

What sad news. I never met Mr Sarver but was aware of his postings on the few blacksmith websites I routinely visited. He was clearly a well respected member of the blacksmith world and leaves a void that will be hard to fill. Condolences to the family and friends.

I too was shocked to see this post. I never meet Grant but when ever I saw him reponsed to a post I would read it and was always amazed how much he knew and shared. Can only feel for his family and their loss. I feel a real sence of loss even though we never meet.

THERE ARE TWO DATES IN TIME THEY WRIGHT ON YOUR STONE EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT THEY MEAN BUT WHAT MATTERS MOST IS THE TIME THAT IS SHOWN BY THE LITTLE DASH IN BETWEEN

Grant was the man. He had a knowledge of forging, metal work and business few of us will ever equal. He was very helpful and generous with his time an knowledge. He spoke with honesty and clarity on many subjects on this site. His opinions always carried a lot of weight with me and I'm sure many others. I met him once and spoke to him a few times on the phone. He supplied me with an induction forge, several spring dies, and a special die set for my hammer. So passes a great blacksmith and a true master. My hat is off to you for you accomplishments and humility. You will be missed.