RIP Grant Sarver

146 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Post 112 has the information on services etc.

Sad to say my mentor and friend Grant passed last night. I will post service information as soon as I have it.

Anyone wishing to send flowers I can PM you The address...

I have moved this to the prayer list and combined multiple posts on the same topic

Posted · Report post

Lord, what happened?! Heart attack?

Posted · Report post

I hardly know what to say. When I saw the title of this thread, my first thought was that it was some sort of mistake or (no offense, Larry) sick joke. I didn't know Grant personally, as some of you did, but I certainly came to respect him through this forum and others. What a tremendous loss for the blacksmithing community. I'm sorry to say that I don't know anything about Grant's family situation, but I'll say a prayer for him and those who knew him..

Posted · Report post

Grant and his family is definitely on the list.
Our condolences to friends and family..

Posted · Report post

I just received word from a friend of the passing this morning of a good friend and member here Grant Sarver. He will be missed.

Posted · Report post

WHAT? This is terrible news. I pray this information is incorrect. He will be sorely missed.

(null)

Posted · Report post

that would suck for sure the doctor blacksmith of tools

Posted · Report post

I am really struggling with this, Grant contributed so much wisdom to this forum and to the NWBA forum. He gave so freely of his humor and wisdom. Rarely did you find a thread on either forum where Grant had not contributed a great deal of info. Rest in peace Grant.

(null)

Posted · Report post

I am really sorry to hear this. I have never met Grant in person, only on line and on the phone a couple of times. But I have learned tons from him over the years both forging information and business. He has always been very sharing with his knowledge.

Posted · Report post

prayers and best wishes to those left behind. May god be with you.

Posted · Report post

Very sad news.

Posted · Report post

My condolences and respects to his family...
he will be missed...

Posted · Report post

Terrible news! I had the honor of meeting Grant this last summer when I visited Seattle and purchased some fantastic tongs from him. He always had realistic, down to earth, and sometimes frank advise for many areas. He always looked at things with a practical point of view.

Rest in peace Mr. Sarver. Thank-you for all your contributions and knowledge over the last 3 years. I have had great pleasure reading your posts. I have learned a lot from you. You will be missed.

Posted · Report post

Wow, what a surprise. I've been emailing Grant over the last couple weeks working out the details on a touchmark. I was supposed to call him tommorrow...

I hope what ever happened was quick and painless. I've always respected his knowledge and willingness to share, and often opened threads simply because he posted.

RIP Mr. Sarver.

-Derek

Posted · Report post

OMG, what a horror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just joined the NWBA website two days ago, and he approved my online membership! He was a giant in blacksmithing and his loss will be profoundly felt!

Posted · Report post

Prayers and best wishes to the Sarver family. I am very sorry for your loss.

Posted · Report post

What sad news. I never met Mr Sarver but was aware of his postings on the few blacksmith websites I routinely visited. He was clearly a well respected member of the blacksmith world and leaves a void that will be hard to fill. Condolences to the family and friends.

Posted · Report post

So very sad to hear this news. I always enjoyed reading his posts and he never failed to impress me with his depth of knowledge.

Posted · Report post

I also would look at a topic just to see what Grant had posted. I will pray for his family.

Posted · Report post

I always looked forward to Grants posts. He has helped me and many others that have had questions about something or another. Grant, you will be greatly missed. RIP. Prayers to his family.

Posted · Report post

My prayers to Grants family. His advice and frankness will be missed.

Posted · Report post

i had to walk out of the room when i read this... i've alway enjoyed Grants posts and his wisdom...
rest in peace ...

this is truly terrible news

Posted · Report post

My Condolences to his Family

Posted · Report post

I too was shocked to see this post. I never meet Grant but when ever I saw him reponsed to a post I would read it and was always amazed how much he knew and shared. Can only feel for his family and their loss. I feel a real sence of loss even though we never meet.

THERE ARE TWO DATES IN TIME THEY WRIGHT ON YOUR STONE EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT THEY MEAN BUT WHAT MATTERS MOST IS THE TIME THAT IS SHOWN BY THE LITTLE DASH IN BETWEEN