I Forge Iron

Finding a Blacksmithing Group near you

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome GT. Ther will be a BSM meeting near Versailles Nov 5. Come be our guest and get to know the group. I live at Hamilton, and my son lives in Columbia we get down there sometimes looking forward to meeting you. PM me if you need directions to the meeting.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Group in Germany and Hungary is not very far away from me but is problem with language now (and google translate is not a solution) I speak Polish (of course), English, i know little Czech and I now start learn dutch (only know few words), Ukrainian group the same problem I don't know russian (I can speak some in this language but read not). Thank You for answers.

• 1 month later...

https://sites.google.com/site/badgerblacksmiths/

Mainly west central and northern Wisconsin memberrship and meeting locations, Badger Blacksmiths has been around for quite a few years, but we just now have launched a website, you should be able to find the info you need there if your in the area, if not give us a holler there, or me-here I guess

yo! any yorkshire flat cap, whippet walking, woodbine tolking midget miners who beat the iron in a group on here?

im in bansley and would like to see if there is an already established group that i would like to mootch into

G'day mike-reid, I don't live anywhere near Barnsley now but come from Penistone so thought I'd reply anyway.
A couple of mates and I have started an informal group of our own so we may have some suggestions which
you might find useful. Suggest you contact me via site PM please I'll wait to see if you get this.
Meanwhile , strongly suggest you get yourself across to Penistone show in (I think) september and have a chat with all the farriers there.
It'll be a good start for contacts and there may even be some general blacksmiths there this year.
All the best, Jack Smith

On 3/20/2011 at 10:19 AM, Glenn said:

Blacksmithing Groups and Organizations

One of the best kept secrets on IForgeIron is the world wide list of Look under the pages tab.
As we find new groups we add them to the list so it is constantly being updated. If you know of a group not on our list, please let us know so we can add it to the list.

The best way to jump start your blacksmithing is to join a local group. Tell them you found them via IForgeIron.

G'day Glenn, there is a new smithing group in Victoria, Australia that has recently started up. They are small and informal (and friendly) and intend to stay that way.
Operating under the name "Australian Heritage Craftsmen" they are happy to take beginners and give some basic lessons and their "philosophy' is to share skills and extend
camaraderie in a smithing environment. They have no website but can be contacted via Jack Smith from the site please .

All the best Jack Smith

• 2 weeks later...

To all my blacksmith/bladesmith friends I have been teaching some students at a private school in Austin Tx. These students live all over the country and it seems that I will be losing one for a while due to family issues. She is a very delightful and bright 13 year old. I'm looking for someone or several someones in the LA, California area who might be interested in working with her. She is interested in both blacksmithing and knifemaking, I don't know her family situation but she has the fire and I'm looking for people who might be able to at least keep her encouraged about smithing even if she can't do structured lessons. I appreciate your help Matt Czosnek

• 2 months later...